Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bear trouble again

 We have bears again they are coming down for the fish and fruit. Not as bad as where we used to live but I still don't like it. Mamma bear and three cubs on the road this morning outside our park, the police were trying to get them to go back off the road. A big old male wandered through yesterday and a couple of yearlings sighted across the road.

I went walking a couple of evenings ago with one of my new walking buddies and we saw a bear up an apple tree a bit too close for me although she laughed at my fears, I wish I was more confident around them but they are so unpredictable.  Taken to carrying my bear banger, it sounds like a shotgun but doesn't hurt them.

Off to Calgary early tomorrow morning, doing a round trip run and then on to Vancouver on Sunday, helping move son #3.

4 comments:

Crazed Nitwit said...

Oh, oh, oh can you please bring me a Calgary rodeo shirt home for me? I get it. Too expensive, too much trouble, it's cool.

Have a pleasant and safe drive through. Winks.

Joy said...

I believe I would be pretty uneasy with the bears that close too. Can't be too careful.
sounds like you have some busy days ahead. Hope the move goes smoothly.
♥ Joy

TechnoBabe said...

I would be packing two bear bangers for my walks if I lived there. Ha. I look forward to hearing about your trip to Calgary and to Vancouver. Vancouver is one of my most favorite places.

Cicero Sings said...

Safe travels to you Berni. I'm just back from Vancouver ... today at 1:30. SOOOOO glad to be home. Very tired too.