Monday, August 09, 2010

Divine love

 Quotes from Steve McVey's blog

“I want to share great, great news. The gospel is not understood by most but the message of the gospel is our sins are already forgiven and I can tell each one here, your sins are forgiven. You don’t need to be forgiven, you already are. The gospel is not to make us ashamed and guilty but to take those things away. All you have to do is acknowledge that, believe it because it is true.”

"This gospel we declare is big! Our Triune God has wrapped His arms around the universe and He invites us to simply believe that we are loved; that we share in His divine life; that we are all included in what He has done..."

"Divine love makes no sense to the natural mind. It so drastically transcends the pallid experience that man calls love that it almost seems a violation of the word for humans to use it. His love outpaces human love to the point of absurdity when judged by common man using common sense."

"I want to allow the greatness of His love to engulf me. I don’t want to resist it. I want the finite experiences of my life be swallowed up by infinite love. I want to take my eyes off my circumstances and look at Him. I want to stop worrying about tomorrow and look at Him. I want to turn away from regrets about the past and look at Him. Those things that distract me, disturb me, dilute me . . . I want to turn away from it all and look at Him."

3 comments:

rhymeswithplague said...

I discovered your blog a few days ago (from Skittles' sidebar) and have been enjoying reading your earlier posts. Thank you for including a strong Christian witness in your blog and especially the quotations today from Steve McVey.

Cicero Sings said...

Steve McVey is quite interesting I find so thanks for the links you sent me earlier.

Skittles said...

I can say that I have personally witnessed the power of prayer just in the last few days. Praise God!