Friday, November 12, 2010

Pita bread, laptops and other stuff

Dave has been buying pita bread lately and commented on how much he enjoyed them so I thought I should have a go at making some since I have been given a 50lb bag of organic whole grain wheat and I don't have room in my freezer for it, so I need to use it up.  I found a recipe in Laural's Kitchen an old hippy style vegetarian cookbook I have had since before my first son was born over 32 years ago. The pita bread turned out pretty good so now I guess I have a job every week or so.

A couple of our new friends in the park have recently purchased laptops and I am on call pretty much to help out but that's okay as I rather enjoy helping people with their computers, the only trouble is it makes me a bit envious as I want a nice new laptop since I am still using my desktop XP and Dave has our laptop which has Vista. Now I want the new Windows 7 and a faster better computer. I will never be satisfied though as soon as a new gadget comes out I want it.

It was a fabulous day today, cool but sunny and we walking ladies, now there are four, took our 6km (3 & 3/4 miles) walk. We work up quite a sweat by the time we get back  home. I haven't lost any weight by the scales but I am a little slimmer and I am hoping when I go and get my blood work results from the doctor it will reflect in the cholesterol reading since I have been doing it now for six months. Three of us drove up to Kamloops on Wednesday because myself and a friend had booked a mammogram, so that is another health responsibility taken care of. We had a great ladies day out and a lot of laughs. This move has been so good for me.

Dave has just had a friend over to play cribbage for a couple of hours and they have arranged to go fishing on Sunday afternoon. He is enjoying the new place too and when I looked back at some pictures of Granisle at this time last year there was 8 inches of snow. The heavy winter cloud which does not leave Granisle until about February when it gets to -30C was already hanging over the village. We don't have any snow, here in Merritt yet, and it is almost always sunny in this part of BC so much easier to handle and I don't think Dave will have to deal with SAD this year although I hate to see the evening draw in so much earlier but only five weeks until the shortest day and the days get longer again. 

I have done all my Christmas shopping I did it online and it is winging its way to me as I type. So relaxing. We have bought a tree and lights and stuff until later, I have two turkeys and two hams in the freezer and some baking done so I am pretty organized for Christmas. 

So that is it for now with catch you later. BTW I do read your posts and comment once in a while but much much less time on the computer than before.









--

4 comments:

Cicero Sings said...

So glad you are enjoying your new home and new town! You sure managed to fit yourself in. I'm still struggling to do so here.

The trouble with technology is it's obsolescence as soon as you bring it home. Always newer and better and faster, faster, faster! For what I do though, I'm still pretty happy with my iMac and it's a few years old now.

Mingus has packed it in and so also shall I!

SilverNeurotic said...

I'm jealous that you have all your Christmas hopping done already. I haven't even started, no one wants to tell me what they want, so I'll probably end up being one of those last minute shoppers.

Danielle said...

I am so thrilled that this move has turned out so well!!!! You sound so full of life these days!!!!!

Anvilcloud said...

Computers change so fast and get dated so quickly that it's natural to want to keep up.

Got here from Tossing Pebbles. I saw your comment about royalty and thought you deserved a visit. I don't go wandering like this very often, but every now and then ...

anvilcloud.net