Friday, March 25, 2011

I am feeling guilty

I have just spent a few moments going over past posts and I see I have faithful friends coming to visit and leave a comment and I so used to look forward to that. I so appreciate you ladies and a few gentlemen. Special mention to Jeni, Danielle, Cicero, Crazed Nitwit, Joy, Karen, JMB, Liz, Tossing Pebbles, Barb, Anna, Misty, Terry and many more.

I just can't seem to get the blogging enthusiasm again but I will keep it available in case any great insight occurs to me in the future.  I do have your blogs on my reader and I have some of you as friends on Facebook and I enjoy your comments.

Life is generally good, I am doing some volunteering at church.  Walking and visiting so getting out a lot more now.

I just finished canning many jars of spaghetti sauce, chili, and now plan to can steak and kidney. When it get very hot here in summer and we don't want to BBQ  it will be handy to pull these out and zap them in the microwave and serve with salad, rather than heat up the place using the oven. We went through last summer without air conditioning and it was OK although most people have it here but I don't think it can be good for you coming in from the very hot outside to a cool room. By careful manipulation of venetions and windows I was able to keep it quite comfortable inside and it only grew a little warm between 6 - 9pm, and then because we are in a desert area it cools down at night so sleeping is not a problem.

So wishing you all a lovely spring.

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh don't feel guilty.....enjoy living....;)

Danielle said...

P.S. Facebook? How come you are not one of my Friends???? I'll see if I can request ;)

latt├ęgirl said...

I've started blogging a bit more recently -- but am definitely out of the habit of both writing my own and reading others'. Facebook just annoys me most of the time, and I prefer to read real posts, so I'm going to start checking my Google reader more often. Glad to hear you are in a more social environment -- what a nice change for you after that semi-isolation!

Jeni said...

No need to explain, Bernie. Sometimes, I get really bogged down with other things and don't post that much unless I have assignments to do and then, I use them for my posting ideas. I'm generally occupied doing the embroidery thing ya know and it's kind of difficult to stitch and blog simultaneously so when I don't think to post about something that might actually be interesting, it's because the idea probably came to me in the midst of stitching. That and lately, I've been feeling really down, depressed and the like, so again, I just keep on stitching away.